About the Award:
Residents of the San Joaquin Valley (including San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Merced, Madera, Kings, Tulare, and the SJV portion of Kern County) are eligible to receive a voucher for the replacement of their old wood or pellet device with a new, efficient heat system. Eligible replacement systems include gas stoves/inserts, gas fireplaces, and certified wood or pellet stoves/inserts. Homeowners and renters are eligible to apply. Low-income residents are eligible for enhanced incentives.
Example Eligible IAQ Activities:
Heat source replacement
- Up to $1,000 voucher for the purchase of a certified wood insert/freestanding stove.
- Up to $1,000 voucher for the purchase of a certified pellet insert/freestanding stove.
- Up to $1,000 voucher for the purchase of a natural gas insert/freestanding stove.
- Gas devices for standard and low-income residents come with an extra $500 incentive
- Low-income residents that provide evidence of income status are eligible for up to an additional $2,500.
Tax Credit/Deduction, Rebate, or Voucher
San Joaquin County Stanislaus County Merced County Madera County Kings County Tulare County Kern County
Typical Application Period: Rolling