Calaveras County Woodstove Changeout Grant Program
Calaveras County Air Pollution Control District
About the Award:
The Program is designed to help households in Calaveras County replace an uncertified wood stove or insert used as the primary source of heat with a cleaner burning and more efficient certified device. To be eligible for the Program, a homeowner or renter (Applicant) must be using an uncertified wood stove or wood insert as a primary heat source. The Program is available to both homeowners and renters. Participants can use this voucher to purchase one of the following heating appliances:
- a U.S. EPA certified wood stove or wood fireplace insert with emission rates not to exceed 2.0 grams/hour for non-catalytic and catalytic stoves;
- Natural gas home heating device;
- Pellet stoves/inserts
- Ductless mini-split heat pumps
- Propane gas home heating device or;
- Electric home heating device.
Example Eligible IAQ Activities:
Heat source replacement
- $3,500 for residents of Low-income communities as designated by this map.
- Low-income households outside of these communities are eligible if they provide evidence of enrollment in a low-income assistance program or household income at or below 80 percent of the statewide median household income.
- $1,000 for all other residents of Calaveras County.
Tax Credit/Deduction, Rebate, or Voucher
Typical Application Period: Rolling