Bay Area Wood Smoke Reduction Incentive Program
Bay Area Air Quality Management District
About the Award:
Homeowners in Bay Area High Wood Smoke Areas and Impacted Communities, as identified by the Air District's CARE program, can receive a voucher for the purchase and installation of a new, efficient heating appliance, and the removal of the old system.
Example Eligible IAQ Activities:
Heat source replacement
- $800,000 available as of January 2018.
- $1,000 voucher for installing a natural gas or propane-fueled stove.
- $1,000 voucher for installing a . natural gas or propane-fueled fireplace insert.
- $3,500 voucher for installing an electric heat pump.
- $750 to decommission a fireplace or freestanding wood/pellet stove.
Additional Funding for Qualifying Highly Impacted Residents
- $1,500 extra for applicants granted exemption status with either a fireplace or uncertified woodstove.
- $1,500 extra for homes located in a Designated High Wood Smoke Area.
- $8,500 extra for applicants enrolled in a qualifying low-income assistance program
Tax Credit/Deduction, Rebate, or Voucher
Typical Application Period: Rolling